Books By Patti Liszkay
Available On Amazon
and the sequel, "Hail Mary" https://www.amzn.com/1684334888
Available on Amazon.
And so, for all the new grads out there, here it is, my 2022 Commencement Speech:
1. Try not to be an "oughtacrat," always telling people how you think they ought to do things, or an "I'dacrat," always telling people what you'd have done in their situation. (See post from 8/5/2014, "A tale of two 'Crats" https://www.ailantha.com/blog/a-tale-of-two-crats ).
2. Always keep a flashlight, candles, and matches on hand - and easy to find in the dark - in case the electricity goes off.
3. When loading the dishwasher, put all the spoons together in one compartment, all the forks in another, and all the knives in another. Putting them away will be much faster.
4. If your calling in life is be an artist, writer, composer, photographer, performer, or any other kind of creative, by all means follow your calling;
5. Whenever you have an overnight houseguest make sure you have an extra toothbrush on hand in case they forget theirs.
6. There's a difference between what people think and how people feel. Care a lot about people's feelings.
7. Whenever you buy a batch of berries, wash the fruit before you put it into the refrigerator. That way you won't have to wash a few at a time every time you want to eat some.
8. Pour a little watermelon juice into your iced tea. It's naturally sweet and delish.
9. Cut up the plastic soda bottle holders so that animals don't get themselves stuck in the circles
11. If you find a pair of shoes you love, buy several pairs because when you want to replace those favorite of favorite shoes there's a good chance that exact shoe will no longer exist.
12.Remember that your problems aren't necessarily everybody else's.
13. "Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity" - Simone Weil
14. No matter what occupation or endeavor you might be pursuing, always remember that being nice covers a lot of sins.
Best Wishes, Class of 2022!