To that end, I'll re-share the recipe as I prepared it (I strayed ever so slightly from the original recipe) for anyone who might want to try it:
1 refrigerated pie crust
1 cup piled high with pecan halves
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoon butter, softened
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place crust in a 9-inch pie plate.
3. Place pecans in pie crust.
4. Beat eggs in a mixing bowl.
5. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
6. Pour filling over pecans.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until browned and set in the middle.